August 27, 2010
While the Post-Employment Benefits Task Force has proposed many changes, certain things will not change.
- UC will continue to offer a defined benefit retirement plan, i.e. a pension plan;
- Any pension benefits you have accrued up to the time changes are made cannot be altered; and
- UC will continue to offer retiree health benefits.
For Current UC Retirees:
- Your monthly retirement benefit will not be reduced;
- You will not be asked to contribute to UCRP;
- UC will continue to offer retiree health benefits; and
- The eligibility rules for your retiree health benefits remain the same.